Ford Ranger 4x4 XLS Special Edition Due to Arrive with Attitude as Ranger 4x4 Tops July Sales, Narrows Gap Further to Hilux 4x4 year-to-date
Thu, Aug 18, 2016
- Ford is investing in Australia like no other automaker with $2 billion in R&D over the past six years and even more to launch and upgrade a record number of products, including the Ranger 4x4 XLS Special Edition, on sale in September
- The Ranger 4x4 XLS Special Edition to arrive shortly as Ford closes the gap to Toyota with the Ranger 4x4 topping July 4x4 pick-up sales charts with a 21.2 per cent share of the segment
- Ranger 4x4 now only 172 units behind the Hilux 4x4 year-to-date, representing an increase in sales of 37.5 per cent to Jul
- The Ranger 4x4 XLS Special Edition will bring even more visual attitude with the addition of a sports bar, tow bar, side steps, bed and tailgate liner
MELBOURNE– Ford is boosting one of the industry’s hottest models by launching the new Ranger 4x4 XLS Special Edition in September as the Ranger 4x4 already has seen sales rise nearly 40 per cent compared to the same time last year while taking more than 21 per cent of the 4x4 pick-up segment and again beating Hilux 4x4 in monthly sales during July.
The Ranger 4x4 XLS Special Edition offers unsurpassed 3500kg towing capacity^^, rear view camera and rear parking sensors and builds on the critical acclaim Ranger has recently enjoyed, with the Ford Ranger XLT awarded Drive Best Ute 2015, CarSales Best Tradie Vehicle 2015 and CarSales Best Offroad 4x4 2015.
“Already considered one of the most capable and desirable pick-up trucks on the market, we expect the Ranger 4x4 XLS Special Edition will help us narrow the gap to Toyota even further, with Ranger 4x4 now only 172 units behind the Hilux 4x4 year-to-date,” said Graeme Whickman, CEO and President, Ford of Australia.
Ranger was designed and engineered in Australia, and the addition of the Ranger 4x4 XLS Special Edition demonstrates how Ford’s commitment to local customers extends beyond the billions invested in local R&D as Ford Australia continues to deliver 20 new or updated vehicles by 2020.
Introducing the Ford Ranger 4x4 XLS Special Edition:
The Ranger 4x4 XLS Special Edition is based on the 4x4 XLS Double Cab Pick-up 3.2L includes:
- Sports bar to give the Special Edition more visual attitude
- Genuine Ford tow-bar that enables Ranger’s 3500kg towing capability
- Side steps that help entry and egress, as well as bolstering the Ranger’s rugged looks
- Bed and tailgate liner that adds to the practicality and usefulness of the Ranger’s expansive tray area and load capability
The Ranger 4x4 XLS Special Edition in both manual and automatic will be available from 2017MY production beginning August 1, 2016.
Going Further for Australia and Australian Customers
The Ranger 4x4 XLS Special Edition offers Australian customers significant value and gives an already attractive vehicle an extra dash of attitude.
Ranger was designed and engineered in Australia and, along with Everest SUV, is the centrepiece of Ford’s $2 billion investment in local R&D since 2009.
Ford is home to 1100 designers and engineers, with the company set to become the largest auto employer in the nation after 2017.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company is a global automotive and mobility company based in Dearborn, Michigan. With about 203,000 employees and 67 plants worldwide, the company’s core business includes designing, manufacturing, marketing, financing and servicing a full line of Ford cars, trucks, SUVs and electrified vehicles, as well as Lincoln luxury vehicles. At the same time, Ford aggressively is pursuing emerging opportunities through Ford Smart Mobility, the company’s plan to be a leader in connectivity, mobility, autonomous vehicles, the customer experience, and data and analytics. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford, its products worldwide or Ford Motor Credit Company,visit www.corporate.ford.com.