Good Looking and Rich (in Technology), Ford Mondeo Becomes Even More Attractive with SYNC® 3 as Standard
Wed, Jul 6, 2016
- Ford is investing in Australia like no other automaker with $2 billion in R&D over the past six years and even more to launch and upgrade a record number of products, including the Ford Mondeo 2016.75MY now loaded with SYNC® 3 as standard across the range.
- SYNC® 3^ features an 8.0” capacitive touch screen, Apple CarPlay®, Android AutoTM and Ford Applink#. SYNC® 3 offers faster performance, conversational voice recognition, intuitive smartphone-like touch screen and an easier-to-understand graphic interface.
- Mondeo range features advanced technologies including Emergency Assistance, Adaptive Cruise Control, adaptive LED headlamps and a Wi-Fi hotspot, Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection and Ford MyKey™.
- Mondeo was the first Ford in Australia to feature fuel efficient EcoBoost engine technology, and Australian families have been drawn to the vehicle powered by EcoBoost as sales are up 62.5% year-on-year.
MELBOURNE– It boasts a wealth of technology and stylish good looks, and thanks to the SYNC® 3 communications and entertainment system loaded on all models from 2016.75MY, Ford Mondeo has increased intelligence to match.
The update is another example of Ford’s commitment to Australian customers and comes on top of a $2 billion investment in local R&D over the past six years.
When production of Mondeo rolled over to 2016.75MY, along with the new Model Year designation, Mondeo received SYNC® 3 as standard on all derivatives.
Fresh from being awarded Drive’s Car of the Year: Best Family Car 2015 (Mondeo Trend), latest sales figures reflect how Aussie families are taking the Mondeo to heart. In total 1464 Mondeo’s were sold in Australia during the first half of 2016, compared to 658 during the same period last year, an increase of 122.5%.
‘Mondeo has always led the way in terms of its technology and fuel efficiency, being the very first Ford available in Australia powered by EcoBoost engine technology. The addition of SYNC® 3 makes this outstanding vehicle an even more attractive choice,’ said Graeme Whickman, CEO and President, Ford of Australia.
‘Sales of Mondeo powered by the 2.0-litre EcoBoost are up 62.5% year-on-year, as Australian families embrace its fuel efficient yet powerful engine technology, along with its high-tech features,’ added Whickman.
2016.75MY Mondeo’s fitted with SYNC® 3 are on sale in Australian showrooms from July.
SYNC® 3 – The ultimate on connectivity
SYNC® 3^ is the all-new Ford communications and entertainment system that features faster performance, conversational voice recognition, intuitive smartphone-like touch screen and an easier to understand graphic interface.
SYNC® 3 Highlights:
New Home Screen provides;
- At-a-glance access to phone, audio and navigation
- Static Home button in the top-left corner returns to this screen
- Buttons for Audio, Climate, Phone, Navigation, Apps & Settings visible at all times
New SYNC® 3 8.0” Touchscreen features include:
- New capacitive touch technology for pinch and swipe capability on select features, similar to a smart phone or tablet
- New unique daytime and night time views, depending on customer preference
The SYNC® 3 experience is simplified and user-centric:
- Screens appear streamlined with just the most relevant information in view
- Buttons appear large throughout the system and are easily identified by what they do
Mondeo – Setting the standard:
The Mondeo was the first Ford in Australia to feature nine airbags, including the company’s world-first Inflatable Rear Seatbelts, which are standard across the Mondeo range.
Other features include:
Exterior standard features
- 16” Alloy Wheels/17” Alloy Wheels on Ambiente Wagon
- Projector headlamps
- Day Time Running Lights (DTRL)
- Fog lamps
- Reverse camera with front and rear parking sensors
- LED tail lamps
- Privacy Glass – rearward of B-Pillar
- Active grille shutters (diesel only)
- Power, heated mirrors
- Follow-me-home lighting
- Dual Exhausts
- Hill Launch Assist
- Self-levelling suspension (Ambiente wagon models)
- Cruise Control with speed limiter
Interior- Comfort & Convenience
- Electronic Park Brake
- Dual-Zone Climate Control
- Leather steering wheel and gear shifter
- Paddle Shifters
- Global Open/Close – Windows
- Cloth Seats
- 60 / 40 Rear Split Seats
- Driver Lumbar Support
Audio and Communications
- SYNC®3 connectivity system with Applink 3.0 and enhanced voice control (2016.75MY)^#
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration (2016.75MY)#
- 8" Capacitive Touch Screen
- Bluetooth with audio streaming
- Natural language Voice Control for phone, music, climate and navigation controls
- Satellite Navigation with ‘One Shot’ destination entry via Voice Control
- DAB+/AM/FM Radio
- USB, 3.5mm line-in
Safety & Driver Assistance
- Emergency Assistance
- Inflatable Rear Seatbelts
- Ford MyKey™
- Power Child Locks
- Seat Beltminder with driver display – all seats
- Driver & front passenger airbags
- Thorax and curtain airbags
- Driver Knee Airbag
- Anti-Lock Braking (ABS), Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), Traction Control System (TCS), Emergency Brake Assist (EBA), Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
Features additional to Ambiente
- 17” Alloy Wheels
- Puddle Lamps
- Auto Fold Exterior Mirrors
- Smart Keyless Entry with Push Button Start
- Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
- 10-Way Power Seat - Driver and Passenger
- Driver Seat Memory
- Heated Front Seats
- Auto Headlamps
- Auto High Beam
- Rain-Sensing Wipers
- Partial Leather Seats
- Active City Stop
- Lane Keeping Aid
- Lane Departure Warning
- Driver Impairment Monitor
- Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection
- Adaptive Cruise Control
Features additional to Trend
- 18” Alloy Wheels
- Bodykit – Front / Side Skirts
- Power Tailgate (Wagon)
- Adaptive Suspension
- Adaptive LED headlamps
- Dynamic Headlamp Levelling
- LED DTRL
- Panoramic roof – Hatch (Fixed)
- Panoramic roof – Wagon (Power)
- Driver side exterior electrochromatic mirror
Interior- Comfort & Convenience
- Driver and Passenger Sports Seats
- Leather Accented Seats
- Heated Rear Seats
- Multi-colour ambient lighting
- Scuff Plates
- Power reach/rake Steering Column
- Aluminium pedal covers
- Blind Spot Information System
- Enhanced Active Park Assist
Mondeo customers will have a choice of eight vibrant colours:
- Ruby Red^^
- Blazer Blue
- White Platinum Tri-Coat^^
- Frozen White
- Deep Impact Blue^^
- Moondust Silver^^
- Panther Black^^
Going Further for Australian Customers
The introduction of SYNC® 3 as standard across the 2016.75MY Mondeo range is just one example of how Ford is going further for its Australian customers.
Ford is investing more in Research and Development in Australia than any other auto-maker, including $2 billion in R&D over the past six years. Ford is the only auto-maker capable of designing and engineering a vehicle from the ground up in Australia.
^Not all SYNC®™features are supported on all phones and/or require additional data services and equipment.
#Local laws may prohibit the use of this function. Apple CarPlay and Siri are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the US and other countries. Android Auto is a trademark of Google Inc.
**Recommended Manufacturer's List Prices only. Prices shown include GST. The actual selling price for options and accessories (fitted or unfitted) is at the dealers’ discretion.
^^Prestige Paint incurs an additional cost.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company is a global automotive and mobility company based in Dearborn, Mich. With about 187,000 employees and 62 plants worldwide, the company’s core business includes designing, manufacturing, marketing, financing and servicing a full line of Ford cars, trucks, SUVs and electrified vehicles, as well as Lincoln luxury vehicles. At the same time, Ford is aggressively pursuing emerging opportunities through Ford Smart Mobility, the company’s plan to be a leader in connectivity, mobility, autonomous vehicles, the customer experience and data and analytics. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit www.corporate.ford.com.