That’s How Service Should Be – Free SYNC2 SatNav Updates Add to Leading Service Offerings as Ford’s ‘Dealerships of the Future’ Drive Sales Gains, Improved Service Retention
Wed, Jun 15, 2016
- Ford’s ‘Dealerships of the Future’ cover more than 75 percent of customers, combining with Ford’s unique service offerings such as the free loan car program to improve sales while continuing to increase service retention, which is up 37 percent since 2012
- Ford launches free yearly SYNC 2 SatNav updates for up to seven years** with scheduled services at participating dealers to help customers keep up 120,000 kilometres of new roads in Australia annually
- Ford’s sweeping dealership transformations add to the company’s local R&D investment of nearly $2 billion the past six years
MELBOURNE– To accelerate rising customer satisfaction levels, Ford is doubling down on the consumer experience by transforming more dealerships and launching new Free SatNav Updates program.
Ford’s customer satisfaction levels for sales and service continue improving after launching new ‘Dealerships of the Future’ in December 2014 and adding the Free Loan Car program in February 2015 to create a leading package of service offerings. These improving ratings and a high-profile advertising campaign have helped Ford continue increasing service retention, which is up 37 percent since 2012, while contributing to overall sales gains for nearly the past year.
Ford’s ‘Dealerships of the Future’ now cover 75 percent of customers nationally, using a blend of the best of bricks-and-mortar retailing with web-based innovations to make it easier for customers to buy and service vehicles.
“This is an exciting time at Ford as we transform our dealerships while launching a record number of new vehicles – all to make our customers’ lives better and easier throughout their sales and ownership experience,” said Graeme Whickman, CEO and President, Ford of Australia. “We are just getting started and we already have seen significant progress in sales and service satisfaction, which has helped us increase sales and improve service retention as this has become a differentiator for Ford.”
Ford’s efforts to improve the consumer experience also have been recognized externally with the company winning Canstar’s Motoring Awards for overall satisfaction and after sales satisfaction in 2014.
Navigating our changing roadways
From July 1, 2016 Ford takes customer care one step further with free SYNC 2 SatNav updates during scheduled services at participating dealers, a market-leading and global Ford-first program that helps customers stay current with numerous changes to Australian roads annually. Customers with SYNC2 who complete their scheduled servicing with participating Ford Dealers will receive free yearly map updates for up to seven years.
Australia has a rapidly changing road infrastructure with more than 120,000 kilometres of roads added annually, almost 23,000 road name changes and around 2,000 roundabout changes.
“The free map updates makes it easier for our customers to get around, and adds to other unique conveniences such as our free loan car program and the value of our unique Auto Club program,” said Whickman. “We are investing more in Australia than any other automaker, including billions in R&D, a record number of new vehicles and a new way of doing business at our dealerships.”
- Modern tools used to streamline the customer’s experience, including iPad-based shopping and service apps, SYNC-based product information during test drives and convenient online scheduling to make the process easier and more transparent
- Non-sales-oriented concierges to welcome customers and ask how they want to engage with the sales staff. This permission-based sales process continues throughout the experience
- Higher-tech test drives with a feature called the Smart Drive USB. In real time during the test drive, potential car buyers can receive an explanation of the car features via the SYNC voice control system
- Personalised reveals similar to motor show unveilings in which dealership staff pull a silk lining off vehicles for customers to highlight beginning of customers’ ownership experiences
** SYNC 2 map updates will be available for seven years after vehicle is produced, will not be offered after 2024
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company is a global automotive and mobility company based in Dearborn, Mich. With about 199,000 employees and 67 plants worldwide, the company’s core business includes designing, manufacturing, marketing, financing and servicing a full line of Ford cars, trucks, SUVs and electrified vehicles, as well as Lincoln luxury vehicles. At the same time, Ford is aggressively pursuing emerging opportunities through Ford Smart Mobility, the company’s plan to be a leader in connectivity, mobility, autonomous vehicles, the customer experience and data and analytics. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit www.corporate.ford.com.