Ford to Offer Free Loan Car with Every Scheduled Service
Fri, Feb 13, 2015
Ford to Offer Free Loan Car with Every Scheduled Service to Accelerate Customer Satisfaction Improvements
- In an Australian-first initiative, Ford to begin offering free loan cars with every scheduled service to continue the rapid customer satisfaction improvements
- Ford’s free loan car program to expand comprehensive after-sales package, including the recently expanded Fords Service Price Promise program for the life of the vehicle, as the company continues to transform dealerships
- Dealer transformation efforts are leading to rapid improvements. According to the latest internal customer satisfaction metrics, Ford’s sales satisfaction has increased 8% yearon-year and 12% year-on-year for service satisfaction
MELBOURNE, 12 Feb., 2015 – In an Australian-first initiative, Ford will offer its customers free loan cars* with every scheduled service beginning this month, as the company continues to make major investments to transform its dealership experience and make it easier for customers to buy and service vehicles.
Ford already offers one of the most comprehensive after-sales packages in the industry, which includes Fords service price promise that recently was expanded to the life of vehicles. The offerings also include free auto club** membership including roadside assistance for up to 7 years. The addition of the free loan car offered to customers who’ve brought their Ford in for scheduled service goes further to ensure Ford owners are never without a vehicle.
“As we roll out even more stylish, innovative vehicles, we are investing heavily to transform our customer experience so people who fall in love with our vehicles stay in love with them for many years,” said Graeme Whickman, vice president of Marketing, Sales and Service, Ford of Australia.
The loan car program will form an integral part of the Ford Ownership experience. More than 80 per cent of dealers, including all in Melbourne and Sydney, already have enrolled in the program. Under the program, customers will be able to book a loan car when they book their vehicle in for a service, subject to availability. Many dealers already offer a shuttle service, pick up and drop off, for customers.
The foundation of Ford’s rapidly improving customer experience are “dealerships of the future”, including Peter Warren Ford and Thomson Ford in Sydney and Chadstone and Binks Ford
Melbourne, which are transforming how Australians experience a dealership from the very moment they walk into a showroom.
More than 20 dealerships across Melbourne and Sydney have already undergone the transformation as the company plans to launch an unprecedented wave of new vehicles in 2015 and beyond. By the end of the year it is expected that 80 dealerships will have completed the transformation.
- Building on customer-focused features, Ford will begin to roll out:
- Online service scheduling (ability to book an appointment online, whenever it suits the customer).
- Automated reminders via email or SMS to let the customer know when their appointment is coming up and keep them informed of the status of their vehicle on the day of repair.
- An interactive service reception where the customer is greeted by a Service Advisor equipped with an iPad, and together they review the work to be carried out, the condition of the vehicle, and capture any other concerns or work the customer would like carried out. The advisor can use the iPad to log any customer requirements or concerns, take photos or record noises, and then the customer signs the iPad to authorise the work. The iPad then generates an email which goes straight to the customer and includes the signed estimate and any photos of the vehicle.
- A vehicle report card, provided free with each service, keeps the customer up to date with the condition of key maintenance items like brakes, tyres and the vehicle’s battery, and provides transparency on cost and required repairs.
The company’s Ford Service Price Promise program^ is one of the industry’s leading programs and has only improved in 2015 with the program expanded to cover the life of the vehicle. A Service Price Promise Brake program has already been introduced which provides a maximum rate for brake pad replacement.
Ford customers also can take advantage of Ford’s Auto Club Program at participating dealers. Ford has partnered with each State’s auto club, the RACV, RACT, RACQ, AANT, RAA, NRMA and RAC, to provide this service. As part of the Auto Club Program, customers receiving an eligible Fords Service Price Promise will receive 12-months’ free State Auto Club Membership in their State. The Auto Club Program is for any retail or Blue Business Fleet customer with any service price promise up to 7 years/105,000 km’s.
These efforts are being reflected in customer satisfaction results. According to the latest internal customer satisfaction metrics Ford’s sales satisfaction has increased 8% year-on-year and 12% year-on-year for service satisfaction.
*Available at participating dealers on scheduled services or overnight warranty repairs. Private and Blue, Silver and Gold Business Fleet customers only. Advanced booking may be required to ensure availability. Fuel costs, tolls, fines and late return fees may be payable by the Customer. Excess may be payable in the event of damage. See ford.com.au/myfordCPS for full terms.
**Private and Blue Business Fleet customers only. State Auto Club Roadside Assistance & Membership is provided at no cost with the first seven Fords Service Price Promises for 12 months or until your next eligible Fords Service Price Promise (whichever occurs first). Fords Price Promise servicing is available for all A and B logbook services at participating dealers on vehicles built from 2007. Customers must comply with scheduled servicing intervals to maintain continuity of membership.See www.ford.com/service/t-and-c for full terms.
^Available at participating Ford Dealers on vehicles built from 2007. Customers will pay equal to or less than the maximum price as published by Ford and as amended from time to time for standard items in the A and B logbook services. See www.ford.com/service/t-and-c for full terms.
About Ford Motor Company Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 181,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com.au