Supporting communities around our plants
Ford has a long tradition of supporting community life. The Geelong Community Affairs Committee was established to be a representative and a voice for past and present employees at Ford Geelong in 1990. Since then, this small group of volunteer employees has established partnerships with community groups and educational institutions to help support the sustainability of the Geelong community.
The Committee fundraises throughout the year with monies raised supporting the annual Ford Kids Day Out event and numerous community requests.
Kids Day Out provides students from three schools for disabled children – in and around Geelong – with the chance to celebrate Christmas early. The event is run by a team of Ford Geelong employees who provide kids with a fun day out at a water theme park on the Bellarine Peninsula, known as Adventure Park.
2021 was the eleventh year the Committee and its volunteers have run Kids Day Out with the number of children attending the event growing to 480 in 2012.
Ford Kids Day Out is just one of many initiatives that the Ford Geelong Community Affairs Committee organises to support community life and to increase Ford's footprint in Geelong. Listed below are some of the 2012 events and organisations supported by the Committee:
- Give Where You Live May Day Appeal
- Give Where You Live Allocations Committee
- Tour De Kids+ Cycle Event
- Barwon Health Gala Day
- Geelong Hospital Appeal
- Diversitat You Turn Program
- Mano Carnivale - Manifold Heights Primary School
- Thomas Fun Run, Bellarine Rail Trail
- Highton Kardina Rotary Club
- Relay for Life
- Veterans Centre Charity Golf Day
- Ride to Work Day
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- The Gordon TAFE
- St Vincent de Paul Community Christmas Lunch